Tag: colebrooke

Colebrooke Parish History

Colebrooke Parish History Colebrooke Parish THE MANOR Bishop BARTHOLOMEW, in his letter to King Henry II, c. 1170, claimed that “the town of Colebrooke has always from the beginning been, and still is, a part of the Manor of Crediton which belongs to the Church of Exeter and the Episcopal See”. Thus when the Domesday Survey was made in 1086, the manor lands were included in the Crediton totals without being named. Read more...